Tax Exempt Status

Magdalen College is a private, independent, not-for-profit educational institution that is governed by an independent Board.  All gifts to the College are tax exempt.

Ways to Give

Magdalen College relies on your generosity to continue our important work.  Please make a donation today.

Direct Gifts


A direct gift provides tax savings for the donor and can be used by the college immediately. Please make checks payable to Magdalen College. Send donations to:

Magdalen College
Office of Development
511 Kearsarge Mountain Road
Warner, NH 03278

Gifts of Security

Gifts of appreciated stock and securities support Magdalen College while providing potential tax deductions and capital gains tax reductions for the donor. Please contact the college to learn more about transferring securities to Magdalen College.

Matching Gifts

Many employers will match a charitable donation to a non–profit organization. A matching gift can double, even triple the value of your donation. Ask your employer if it has a matching grant program for its employees and/or retirees.

Personal Property

Gifts of art, antiques, manuscripts, and other tangible property (non–cash) can be used to support the college for educational purposes.

Planned Giving


A simple form of planned giving is to remember Magdalen College in your will. The bequest can be specified as a fixed amount, a percentage of your estate, the residual, or as a specific item(s).

Retirement Plans and Life Insurance:

Donors can designate Magdalen College as a beneficiary in their retirement plans and life insurance policies.

Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Trusts

Charitable gift annuities are an increasingly popular form of gift that allows an individual to retain income from lifetime assets given, while the principal goes to charity. This is a wonderful way for a donor to gain an annual income and generate a tax–deductible gift for Magdalen College.

Giving to NCC

If you have any questions, please contact the President’s Office at [email protected] or call (603) 456-2656; toll-free (877) 498-1723.